- Controlling company ownership via buy-sell agreements
- Dealing with risk
- Effective project management begins with effective data management (PDF 16Kb)
- Evaluating your organizational structure
- Fashioning the strategy
- Identifying project management
- Improving product quality
- Keeping everyone informed while managing a project
- Making your firm a merger candidate
- Management Development Practice in Australia (PDF 137Kb)
- Manufacturing metamorphosis
- Offshore outsourcing
- Simple tools improve complicated processes
- Six Sigma success in health care
- Staying a millionaire
- The PeerSpectives Guide to leading your company (PDF 487Kb)
- The quest for quality
- Top 10 time wasters
The term ISO 9000 refers to a set of quality management standards. ISO 9000 includes 3 quality standards: ISO 9000:2000, ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 9004:2000. ISO 9001:2000 presents requirements, ISO 9000:2000 and ISO 9004:2000 present guidelines. All of these are process standards.
If you wish to develop a quality management system that meets the requirements specified by ISO 9001:2000, you would normally start with a an analysis of what you need to do to meet the ISO requirements. Once your quality system has been developed and implemented, you perform an internal audit to ensure that you’ve met all the ISO requirements. Once that is the case, you can choose to register your quality system using a Registrar. You will receive an Official Certificate once approved.
- ISO Online
- ISO 9000 How does ISO develop standards?
- ISO 9000 Translated into plain English
- National Committee for Quality Assurance – NCQA
OM – Operations Management
- Institute for Operations Research and Management Sciences
- Operations Research
- The Production and Operations Management Society
PM – Project Management
- Projectmanagement.com — Links to project management products, services, papers, books, studies and other resources.
- Project Management Institute — PMI establishes Project Management standards, provides seminars, educational programs.
- The Project Manager’s Control Tower — Articles, tools, books, project planning courses on the Internet and PM software & budgeting.
QFD – Quality Function Deployment
RM – Risk Management
- Institute of Risk Management — Promotes education in the theory and practice of risk management.
- Risk Analysis Template
SPC – Statistical Process Control
TQM – Total Quality Management
- Quality Management Principles — An arena to provide managers, quality professionals and others with useful information and a discussion forum to influence and provide input on the Quality Management Principles and their application, and the refinement of ISO 9001.
- TQM DictionaryIntroduction and Implementation of Total Quality Management (TQM)